Pages

Thursday, 18 July 2013

Rules? What rules!

Good morning peeps! 

Had you ever woke up one morning and think to yourself "hmm.. what makeup would I like to do today..?" Whether it is rocking the smokey eye, adding a pop of colour or just a natural everyday look, everyone has their own unique style. There is no right or wrong when it comes to applying makeup because rules are meant to be broken! 

Talking about rules, in my previous post I had mentioned how eye shape effects how you apply eye makeup. According to the handout, eye makeup should be applied to recreate the almond eye shape. Sure, it is best to apply according to your eye shape as some applications looks better than others but for this instance- look at the picture below. 


This is my beautiful friend Van Anh who was kind enough to be my model for my week 2 class. As you can see, she has pretty big eyes and currently has the 1950s look on her. In the handout it mentioned how an extended eyeliner is a way to create an illusion of having bigger eyes. Obviously, she does not need that but because the 1950s look consists of a winged eye and the bold red lips, there is no way I can take those features out! So in this case, there is nothing wrong with breaking the rules of extending the eyeliner on Van Anh eyes, because look how gorgeous she looks!! 

How many rules had you broken when it comes to applying makeup? Think hard, because you might do it everyday without even realizing it! Oh and also don't forgot to check out her blog!

1 comment:

  1. "I'm jelly of her eyes :(" LOL. Just because I have big eyes doesn't mean I see any better!

    "She's a beauty" - well, what can I say? I can't help it :D

    ReplyDelete