Pages

Monday, 24 March 2014

Birthday at Work



Hello everyone! So, yesterday was my birthday and sadly enough, I spend more than half of my day at work. But here is an entry on what had happened during my afternoon shift! (I had a morning shift from 12:30am - 6:30am earlier that day)

During my afternoon shift at work that started at 2:30pm. I arrived half a hour earlier as I did not read my roster properly, woops!

One of the uncles found out it was my birthday and decided that he would get me a cake. He asked me to write down my name so he could get it for me. I told him "Don't worry about it, it will take a hoursss for them to make!" but he insisted and went out on a search for a birthday cake. Although it was no surprise to me that a cake was coming, I did not expect what was going to happen next.


A minute after he left, a friend came to takeover so I could have my lunch. I decided to eat out and spend some quality time alone at a cafe across the street. I ended up with a Fish, Lettuce & Mayo burger with chips as a side! It was the perfect opportunity for my friends (or some may call workmates) and customers to get ready for the surprise..

I came back and was told that Lulu (manager) wanted to see me, so I walked to the other side of the inn and waited. She had printed some wall sheet at the time and asked me to come with her. We took a little walk outside the inn and came back into the public bar (where I was working) and in the distance I saw lit up candles. In my mind I was like 'wait what? cake? it has been likes 35 minutes?! HOW?!'

The cake came a lot earlier then I had anticipated. I started to tear up as everyone started to gather up to sing me a Happy Birthday. It was a very beautiful surprise, that they wanted to surprise me although I knew the cake was coming, thank you uncle and everyone who was there!!

It just goes to show that there are so many gentle hearts out there. For a regular customer who knows so little about me, is willing to go out his way to buy me a cake on my special day. I just want to say.. Cảm ơn Chú rất nhiều, the cake was absolutely delicious! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment