Pages

Monday, 31 March 2014

Birthday at Green Peppercorn


There is nothing like a birthday dinner with your old high school mates! Last year we went to Holy Basil - this year was Green Peppercorn! I think there is some sort of connection between Thai & Laos food to my birthday.. 

But as usual, I was late. While we waited for our table, we decided that we were going to share our dishes between 2 - 3 of us. Van Anh had her own dish since she is a vegetarian. From the photo below, her dish is the one on the white plate. They substitute the original sauce with a vegetarian one, so yay for restaurants that have vegetarian alternatives! 


Tanya, Judy and I ordered Vegetarian Curry Puffs for entree and as for the main, we had Seafood Gang Panang Curry, Khao Pad Sapparot with Prawns and Pad Kee Mao. The Curry Puffs were amazing! And yes, we endeavoured it all but one for the photo.


How can you go pass desserts when having dinner with friends?! Tanya and I shared a Vanilla Creme Brulee together. And yes, I know what you guys are thinking.. Why didn't we get the Pandan one?! That was because Tanya already tried it so we both wanted to try something else. Well in this case, another flavour. We originally wanted Black Sesame but they did not have it that night, so Vanilla it was!


It was a surprise when Tanya and I waited for our dessert to come out though. Behind us, we heard the Happy Birthday song and I personally thought it was for another table. Until I heard them crept up behind me, I was surprised to see a lit up candle and the text 'Happy Birthday' written on the plate (Not too sure if it was ones idea or they were all in it together..) But the surprise was really lovely and the Creme Brulee was delicious!

Presents from Van Anh, Lisa, Judy, Christine and Suzanne

After stuffing up our stomach up with dinner and desserts, it was time for the opening of the presents! How cute is the packaging on this?! Soo simple yet soo creative! What is inside? You will have to wait for my next post to find out ;)


Next up was a Pandora charm from Mimi. I had wanted a charm related to art for quite some time now and I finally got one! I had never been able to find one on the site for some reason, but I am glad my friend did! 


Lucky last was a present from Tanya. In the big pink Victoria Secret bag, sat a body mist and lotion set. Since the bag was ginormous, I did not realise there was another present inside. Tanya had also gotten me an Illamasqua Nail Vanish in the shade Speckle. I sent her a photo of this nail polish not too long ago but in another shade. Haha.. how sneaky of her!!

I am soo thankful for the presents I had received. Although, for them to take the time out to celebrate my birthday (especially those who came straight from uni) was more than enough. Thank you ladies for that wonderful night, hope you all had as much fun and catching up as I did!

No comments:

Post a Comment