Pages

Saturday, 3 January 2015

Sleek i-Divine Palette in Acid

What is up Beauties! If you followed me on Instagram, then you may have noticed this palette! It was a mix between the Acid and the V1 and to be honest, I may have to buy the V1 just to compare! Unfortunately, this palette did not come with a plastic sleeve with the different shade names.


The palette consist of 8 mattes, 3 shimmers and 1 pearl. I thought the top fuchsia colour was matte when swatch but when applied on the lids, it gave a pearlescent finish! 


From the arm swatch, I was a little disappointed due to the colours not being as bright/neon as I would like. Beside from the two blue shades, silver and black, I had to swatch the other shades twice. The neon shades are a little patchy but not noticeable on the lids. I saw swatches of this palette from other beauty bloggers and the pigmentation looked amazing! So it must be the skin colour of my arm since it is fairly light compared to my face.. Because of this, I decided to test the colours on my eyes.


I knew I had to try and use all the colours in one look. I was absolutely astonish. The pigmentation on the eyes were definitely better than on the arms. On both eyes, I had applied UD eye primer and on my right eye (left in photo) I applied a NYX jumbo Pencil and Milk to see if there was any difference. From the photo, they look the same but if I were to look closely in the mirror, the one with the white base has better colour pay off. 

As for longevity, the eyeshadows lasted me at least 10 hours! After my shift, the colours still look freshly applied on the eye with the white base. Where as the other eye, the colour had started to 'grey' out. Usually with all the other eyeshadow palettes, my natural eye makeup look does tend to 'grey' out when I don't use a primer but since this eye look is more colourful, it is pretty much expected. Plus, everyone uses a white base when it comes to a colourful eye makeup right? :P

Do you own this palette, what are your thoughts? 

No comments:

Post a Comment