Pages

Tuesday, 13 August 2013

Green juice


Good evening, everyone!

Have you ever heard of green juice? If not, it is basically a salad in a cup. Of course there will be some fruits in the mix to add a some sweetness to the overall flavour.

I first heard about this juice on itsJudyLife, a beauty guru and vlogger on YouTube and been dying to try it out! But the thing was, most online juicing recipes has an ingredient called 'kale'. Here in Australia, kale is not really popular and can be pretty hard to find. Luckily, I found out there was a farmers market close by and what do they have..? Kale!! 

There are two main types of kale used in juicing; Curly Kale and Dinosaur Kale. To me personally, I prefer the Dinosaur kale because it is a slight sweeter in taste. As for the recipe, I based it off Dr. Oz Green Juice with Ginger but switch it around to my liking. 

My first attempt was a failure, the mixture was too thick and it barely fit into my blender! Second batch, I halved the recipe and added a little bit more water and it was almost perfect! But I could still taste the strong flavours of the celery and ginger. Third times the charm right? For my third attempt, I got rid of the ginger, reduce the amount of celery and strained the mixture and wallah! A successful green juice!

Overall, green juice in my experience is through trial and error. Find a recipe that you would like to try and change things around to suit your taste buds. If you are going to be using a blender to juice like I have, you may want to strain the mixture to get rid of the lumps. But if you want all the benefits you can get from green juice, you can skip this step. 

What is your favourite green juice recipe? Comment below so I can try some out!

No comments:

Post a Comment