What's up guys, although Valentine Day is over I wanted to dedicate this post to my wonderful boyfriend. 'Why We Work' was an original linkup created by Bonnie which to be honest, I had no idea who she was at the time. But I am glad my friend told me to search up her blog on it, so lets begin!
We work because we love and accept each others flaws. We are always reassuring each other that it is what makes us unique. Oh you know, his cute flared nose, my uneven eyes.. and my cold sore that I get randomly every few years.. (as seen in the photo above..)
We work because we have the same jealousy level, yep that is right! Makes it easier to know what not to do when it comes to making each other upset!
We work because I love the way he says I look beautiful and waits for me to give him 'the look' then adds "like always" at the end.
![]() |
| Finishing up my assignment for uni- so last minute! 2012. |
We work because I love the way he looks at me after I wake up, and notice that I had accidentally fallen asleep.
We work because although we know each other very well. There always seems to be more things that we discover about each other every time.
We work because we tend to bring out the best in each other. I am quite a lazy person who does not often do chores. But he encourages me to do them and makes me understand why I should.
We work because we understand each other. The littlest things count, and that is what we both appreciate. We do not need to go to fancy restaurants or buy expensive gifts, because we know that there are other important things.
We work because we are unpredictable and surprise each other when we less expected. Remember that time when your family and I surprised you for your 19th birthday? Bet you did not see that one coming, especially when you thought we had other plans!
And remember how you told me we were going to the Easter Show and I thought you were lying? At that moment, I finally understood what it felt like for a child to be told that they were going to the Easter Show for the first time!
And..... that time when you wanted to spend time with me in the city and wanted to visit the Aquarium? We had sushi afterwards for lunch and you made me try all these weird looking sushi! You sure enjoyed watching me try them didn't you..
We work because we both are passionate about our jobs. He loves his cars and tend to always work on them even when he is not at work. And I, although I only discovered this recently but my passion for art had expanded into beauty. He was there for me when I was confused about my career path and stood by me every minute of it!
We work because we encourage each other to strive for our future goals, especially when we feel like we are at our lowest. Always encouraging. Always helping each other to get through the situation. Although we know there are many hard roads ahead.
We work because I can see the glow in his eyes when he is spending time with his baby cousins. Who would of thought the tough bad boy image I had of him during high school was actually someone so gentle.
Last but not least, we work because we believe. We believe in each other and love how we are able to support and rely on one another when it comes to needing a helping hand. We believe that one day, with all this studying and hard work, that one day it will all be worth it. Especially when it comes to exploring the world together and being able to support our own family with our own earnings.
And that is why we work.
We work because we understand each other. The littlest things count, and that is what we both appreciate. We do not need to go to fancy restaurants or buy expensive gifts, because we know that there are other important things.
![]() |
| Babe's 19th birthday surprise, 2012. |
We work because we are unpredictable and surprise each other when we less expected. Remember that time when your family and I surprised you for your 19th birthday? Bet you did not see that one coming, especially when you thought we had other plans!
And remember how you told me we were going to the Easter Show and I thought you were lying? At that moment, I finally understood what it felt like for a child to be told that they were going to the Easter Show for the first time!
![]() |
| Spending our 26th month together at the Aquarium! 2013. |
![]() |
| Just chilling outside! 2014. |
We work because we both are passionate about our jobs. He loves his cars and tend to always work on them even when he is not at work. And I, although I only discovered this recently but my passion for art had expanded into beauty. He was there for me when I was confused about my career path and stood by me every minute of it!
We work because I can see the glow in his eyes when he is spending time with his baby cousins. Who would of thought the tough bad boy image I had of him during high school was actually someone so gentle.
And that is why we work.







No comments:
Post a Comment