Pages

Friday, 30 May 2014

S&R: Klara Cosmetics Kiss Proof Lips


Hello lip junkies!

I am not too sure if many of you had heard about Klara Cosmetics but I had recently purchased quite a few shades from their signature line - Kiss Proof Lips. There are 11 shades in total and I must admit, I went crazy during their Easter Sale and bought 6 of their shades. They are a full coverage matte lipstick that are suppose to last up to 24 hours. Lets get on with the swatches so I can tell you my thoughts! 


05 - Flaming Red
06 - Vintage Burgundy
08 - Neon Tangerine 
09 - Watermelon Kiss
10 - Madgenta
11 - Psycho Violet

Gorgeous shades right?! I am very happy with the shades I had chosen because I was not able to find many swatches on the internet. And that was the main reason which led me with six of them in the end - so I can show you guys!!

But as you can see, Neon Tangerine is a pretty chalky on my lips. But I believe I received a bad batch because I saw a swatch another blogpost and it looks gorgeous on her- not chalky at all! And as for Pyscho Violet, I noticed that there is an uneven application when the product actually sets. But keep in mind though because in person the application does look even!

I did however, regret getting these two shades because the orange was too chalky and bright for my liking and the purple was not as dark as I thought it would be. But that did not stop me as I began to experiment with these two shades. I wanted to make sure I made use out of them, as the products are pretty pricey. What I did to make it more wearable was created my own shade. Yep, you read that right - you can mix the products together and create your personal shade!

08 Neon Tangerine + 05 Flaming Red
11 Pyscho Violet + 05 Vintage Burgundy 

That looks soo much better does it not?! I love the fact that I was able to make those two colours work. So, that is one solution solved but I still had one more I needed to experiment with. 

From the photos, you can clearly see that my lips are not thin. So matte tends to work best on me compare to a gloss. But I am a daily lip balm user and we all know that matte formula lip products tends to dry out the lips. So I applied my lip balm on top to keep it moisturise but I noticed that the product became transferrable. What I did not notice though (until a week later after experimenting with it again) was that although it transfers, my lips still looks very bright as if I had just apply it on! And do not worry, the product had lasted me 8+ hours even though I had patted my lips many times when I went out to eat with my hubby! 

10 Madgenta + Baby Lips in Berry Crush
10 Madgenta + Blistex Ultra Lip Balm

Another thing to keep in mind is that your lip balm can change the finish of the actual product. If you are going for a glossy look then you can easily apply Vasaline on top (or in my case my Baby Lips in Berry Crush). But I find that it is too glossy for my liking so instead I use Blistex Ultra Lip Balm which gives just the right amount of shine!  

One coat is all you need for these kiss proof lips. And the best part? They are indeed kiss proof! If you do tend to apply lip balm on top, just make sure you pat your lips dry before you do any smooching with your other half! Another positive thing about these lipsticks are their setting time. You have enough time to apply and fix up any mistakes and then give it an extra few seconds and you should be good to go! 

What are your thoughts on the Kiss Proof Lips? And which shades are you loving? :)

No comments:

Post a Comment