Pages

Tuesday, 31 December 2013

Black Sesame Hot Mask by Skin Food Review

Good evening all,

A few months back, I went into Missha as I needed to get some black tone eyelash adhesive and stumbled upon a stack of Skin Food masks on the shelf. Coincidentally, the day before I had just researched about them on the YesStyle website.

As if that was not coincidentally enough, it just so happened that the Black Sesame Hot Mask and the Rice Mask Wash Off (the ones that I was interested in) was on the top of the stack. Debating on whether I should get it, I ended up giving it a shot. I went home with the Black Sesame Hot Mask due to the SA recommendation, as it was aimed for my age group. To be honest, the tub looks quite small (110g) and not worth the $25, but a little does go a long way.

Their description
Warm heat mask with salt and sugar powder to deep cleanse wastes in rough skin with accumulated keratin and with nutritious back sesame powder to make smooth skin.

To use: Apply an appropriate amount to moist face after washing, particularly to areas rich in keratin. Avoid an eye area and massage in circular motion. Rinse with warm water after 3-5 minutes.



The first time I used the mask, I felt an unpleasant stingy sensation. It came to me that the stingy sensation might be due to the use of using two deep cleansing products one after another. I had used to my daily night cleanser (Biore Pore Clogging Scrub) prior to the mask.

A week after, I switched up my cleanser to my morning cleanser (Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser) to test if the stingy sensation would occur. Since it was a more gentle cleanser, I was confident that I would have no problem. And I was right, no unpleasant feeling the second time I used the mask!

Ever since I bought the mask, I had used it once a week with the switch of my cleanser. Once applied, you can feel a subtle warmth and once rinsed, you are left with a very smooth surface- almost baby skin like! The texture of the mask is a little hard to explain. Imagine a mochi without the powder on its surface.. when you hold it, it is sticky and gooey. But once the mask comes in contact with your moist face, it becomes more spreadable as it comes in contact with water.

And if you are worried that the Black Sesame may be too harsh on your skin, don't. Most of the Black Sesame is the size of a grounded pepper or even finer. Just like a grounded pepper, you some time get those bigger chunks like what you see in the photo below.


After using it for a few months now, I notice a big change in my skin. It looks more radiant, healthier and feels a lot smoother. When it comes to the TOTM, I usually break out with some small spots, but I noticed that they had been reduced in size! Although I have to admit, my breakout was never that bad. But to be able to still notice the difference is always a good thing, right? Another plus to the Black Sesame Hot mask is the relaxation it gives me. The warmth of the product plus the massage really helps me relax - and anything relaxing on a Friday night is a plus!! Hence why I chose to use it on a Friday, hehe.

I hope my review was helpful to some of you and if you are interested in trying out this mask, I would recommend you buying it from YesStyle. I purchased it for $25 from Missha whereas you can get it for $12 from the site. And if you spend $25 or more, it is free shipping.
Here is a link to the Black Sesame Hot Mask.


Have you tried any Skin Food mask before? How did it go?

No comments:

Post a Comment