Pages

Tuesday, 8 April 2014

#BloggersDoItBetter: Spring


Spring is such a beautiful time of the year. And yes I know, it is autumn over here in Australia, and I should really be showing you my favourite nail shades for this season instead! But I shall save that for an upcoming post and show you guys my go to spring nail colours since it is the first topic of this challenge! So when it comes to spring, there is nothing like pastels. Colourful enough for a pop of colour - but not too bright that it would scream anything summer.


Sally Hansen: Get Juiced (1 coat, no top coat)
Get Juiced is a lovely watermelon or maybe salmon kind of pink. The brush on the Sally Hansen nail polishes are by far my favourite out of all the nail polish brands I own. It is definitely big enough for three strokes per nail, but not too big where it will make your application a mess! Oh, did I mention that this was one coat?

Essie: Bond With Whomever 
(2 coats, no top coat)
If you had read my other post and was curious on what was in the wrapped packaging, this was one of the goodies inside the miscellaneous pack! I would never imagine myself wearing this shade but after trying it on, I am amazed! The colour is absolutely gorgeous and is definitely my favourite nail polish at the moment!

Essie: Mint Candy Apple (1 white base coat & 1 coat, no top coat)
I originally watched clothesencounter's march favourites and she mentioned an Essie nail polish in the shade Find Me An Oasis. Due to excitement I rushed over to my nearest Priceline to find that they do not have it on the shelf. So I picked this shade instead thinking it would be similar. Once I got home, I discovered that Australia does not carry the shade at all! GRR!!

After applying two coats, I found it too dark to my liking, so instead I applied a coat of China Glaze White On White as a first coat, and Mint Candy Apple as the second. I love the shade that the nail polish gives when it is apply with one coat! But then again, it could be the autumn weather that is making me dislike the two coat of this polish, hmm..

Revlon Parfumerie: Pink Pineapple (3 coats & 1 top coat) 
With all the time that your feet had help you move forward, I am sure they need a bit of loving too! I love how this shade makes my feet look fresh and clean and it just goes well with any outfit! And the smell? It smells exactly like pineapples. Out of the four parfumerie bottles that I bought, Pink Pineapple has the strongest scent but you can tone this down with a top coat! Don't worry, you will still be able to smell it if you lean close enough.. yes .. I tried .. 

Funny story, I was at my boyfriends house a few nights ago and we sat on the couch and I smelt something around me. I didn't know what it was and he just looked at me like 'why on earth is she sniffing around herself?' Guess what it was? My toes! I had socks on, so it was shock to still be able to smell it. And typical of me... I shoved my foot against his face to prove to him that you can still smell it since he said "You can't smell it, you have socks on!" (This was before I added the top coat on) 

Ok, maybe the story was not that funny but I shall end it here, I hope you all enjoy this post - until next time! 

No comments:

Post a Comment